Thursday, November 6, 2014

Bath time in the kitchen sink


Believe it or not, I remember this photo being taken. I remember bathing in the kitchen sink, but I also remember taking baths in the tub with Jeanne. I'm sure Jeanne loved that I was able to share that experience with her! This photo always evokes a particularly vivid memory of being bathed in this sink one afternoon when the Cherrys landed on the doorstep....Coralie and every kid making up her brood at that time who wasn't school age - at least 3 of them at any given time, anyway. Ruthie ran to the door to answer it, leaving me in the sink looking pretty much like I did here in this photo. I was somewhat aggrieved  to be seen "narked", much less narked in the kitchen sink, so I groped for whatever I could to spare my modesty before anyone could see me. I found the wash rag that had been used to bathe me and spread it across my chest at the same moment that Kent, who was my age, came running into the kitchen. The Cherrys were not known for standing on formalities when visiting, and Kent wasn't about to break custom. He made a beeline right to me in the sink and stood gaping at my little wash rag-covered décolletage. He asked what I was doing in there with a wash rag on my chest, and then, without waiting for an answer he took off to find something more interesting to investigate.

No comments: