Tuesday, May 27, 2008

May: a time for Senior Proms and Anniversaries


Remember this picture? Either Ron's prom, or Nancy's. I think I remember Nancy's dress as bright red, and I LOVED the soft, foamy skirt. Knowing Nancy's many talents, I think I remember that she made this beautiful dress herself - is this true, Nancy? (As a 6 or 7 year old, my goal was to grow up to be Nancy - or at least to be a tiny bit as smart and talented as she!)

They've been together since the days when these hairstyles and fancy gloves were a part of our teenage culture, that's a pretty amazing, wonderful accomplishment!

Happy Anniversary, Ron and Nancy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember this photo as well. Nancy was always beautiful and her soul is beautiful. Never one to be vain or self absorbed, she would take time to visit with Kim and I and make us feel like princesses. I remember once at the ISU Varieties when Ron and Dick were MC's; Kim and I were in a long line to get tickets and we were awkward, shy and gangly with all these hot college students surrounding us. Then Nancy (Veisha Queen) comes down that long line and the kids are whispering "look there is Nancy Chase, Veisha Queen" and she stops and swoops Kim and I up and takes us to premier seating. I will always remember that...for the rest of the night I felt special.

They are a great couple; I am blessed to be their sister.